The Rev2™ throttle has different sized reels that will change how much twist is required for the throttle to completely open the carbs or throttle bodies on a motorcycle. The larger the reel is, the shorter the twist. Each reel size will shorten the twist by about 10 degrees.
For example, if your stock throttle has a 40mm reel and stock twist is 90 degrees (1/4 turn), the 45mm reel will reduce the twist to 80 degrees and the 50mm reel will reduce it to 70 degrees. The 35mm reel will increase the throttle twist to approximately 100 degrees. This is just an example; every model of motorcycle is different.
The included cam reel has a progressive profile that allows the throttle to act like a sensitive, long twist throttle during the initial small throttle openings for precise control and then acts like a more aggressive short twist throttle at large throttle openings, progressively shortening the amount of twist needed to reach full throttle.
- Second generation innovative reel changing system lets you tailor the throttle rate to riding conditions and rider preference
- New ultra compact housing with snap-together elbows make it easy to install and change reels
- Sleek new design requires less handlebar space for lever clearance and throttle position
- Use smaller reels for slower throttle rate and larger reels for faster throttle rate
- Included cam reel provides progressive throttle response preferred by some riders
- Unique reel design allows fast reel changes
- Cable boot keeps dirt and dust out for reliable and smooth operation
- Billet aluminum in-line cable adjusters for easy installation and adjustment
- Lower section of cables use 5 mm housing with PTFE liner for reduced friction, increased routing flexibility and lighter weight
- Upper section of cables use 6 mm housing to provide solid support of adjusters
Street / Road Race Features:
- Sportbike oriented cam profile reel for the Rev2™ Throttle
- Profile acts like a slow throttle to 40% opening, then progressively changes to fast profile from 70% to 100% throttle
- Allows the rider greater control at lower throttle openings, but acts like racing throttle at higher throttle openings
- Good for all levels of riders - experts will appreciate the greater control at the limit, less experienced riders will like the smooth on/off throttle feeling
- Complete Rev2™ Throttle Assembly with throttle tube
- High quality Motion Pro black vinyl cables specifically designed for your bike
- 5 colour coded interchangeable reels: 35, 40, 45, 50mm and cam reel (Street/Road: orange or MX/Off-Road: gray)
- Set of Motion Pro Grips (Street/Road Race kit: RoadControl™ grips, MX/Off-road kit: DirtControl™ grips)
- Rev2™ Throttle Equipped decal set
- Printed color instructions
The Rev2 throttle does not have the starter and kill switch wiring or switches that are built into your stock throttle assembly. Use of this kit therefore requires an aftermarket kill switch and starter button assembly listed below not included in the kit.
Rev2 kits have cables specifically designed for fitment on specific models, but the Rev2 throttle itself is not model specific. Therefore, in some situations, the Rev2 kit may not be a direct bolt on installation due to space limitations on the stock handlebar. In some installations it may be necessary to move other control components on the stock handlebar, shorten the Rev2 throttle tube and grip, install longer after market handlebars, or possibly all of the above. It is up to the end user to determine the best method for fitment on their motorcycle and ensure that the Rev2 kit is installed properly and with the correct clearances for safe operation. Installation should be done by a qualified mechanic and carefully checked for proper function. Warning: Improper installation could result in bodily injury or death.